Nursing Career Fairs are an excellent way to network with nurses and hospitals throughout the country. Whether you are interested in travel nursing, per diem nursing or just want to find a permanent nursing job near your current location, there are several important tips for preparing your resume, making a great impression and inquiring about facilities for nurse jobs.
- Update your resume and bring plenty of copies to the nursing job fair. Even if you just started your current nurse job six months ago, youíll want to take a look at your resume to make sure it reflects all of your nursing job history and skills. Be sure to update your references too. Highlight yourself well by adding in any extra education courses or mentoring programs.
- Introduce yourself. Be bold at the nursing job fairs and talk to as many people as you can. Remember, they want to meet you just as much as you want to meet them. Healthcare facilities are looking for qualified and able nurses for the many nurse job opportunities.
- Know who will be attending the nursing job fair. Youíll want to research the different facilities, travel nursing companies and per diem staffing agencies even before the nursing job fair. If you are interested in a travel nursing or per diem nursing, take into consideration if youíd like to work for a small, medium or large travel nursing firm.
- It will impress the employers that you know about their organization, plus youíll have insightful questions to ask since you already know the basic information about the nurse job.
- Be sure to follow up with all possible employers. Take the business cards you collected during the nurse job fair and make the effort to follow up with each one. Itíll show youíre serious about furthering your career at the potential nurse job, and the employers will appreciate it.